There are 6 pre-requisites for a successful small business web site. The are:
- Have one!
- It lists location, hours and contact information prominently on the home page.
- Services and/or products are clearly identified in general on the home page and in detail on dedicated pages.
- They qualify that they are the best source for whatever the business provides.
- The design looks reputable.
- They have updated their listings in the local search engines for Google and Yahoo!.
Hitting each of the above won’t guarantee success but it will prevent fundamental flaws from preventing the best possible outcomes for a business with their web site.